Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Bloglines - Waxxing Toward Global Conversations

Bloglines user PeterDawson (slash.pd@gmail.com) has sent this item to you, with the following personal message:

Yes- traction and gain occurs with voices. Mike cuts good stuff now and then. Yet to see him cut on a product that made it big !!


Naked Conversations
How Blogs are Changing the Way Businesses Talk with Customers --a book by Shel Israel & Robert Scoble

Waxxing Toward Global Conversations

By shel israel on naked conversations

I first met Tracy Sheridan at Michael Arrington's TechCrunch Party launching Naked Conversations. She had presented me with these really neat Naked Conversations bookmarks, which I loved and have been passing out ever since.  They are close to gone now.

I met with Tracy a few weeks later and she talked about producing this global audio podcast featuring Robert and me.  She had a vision for starting a global conversation kicked off by Robert and me. She had done something like this a couple of years back for Seth Godin with Purple Cow before the technology had become what it is today and before their were audiences that there are today.

We set a time/date of Saturday at 10:30 a.m., Saturday May 20 and she went off to do her thing, keeping us updated ever couple of weeks. Last week was a crazy one for me.  I was a bit under the weather and using much of my energy to post a few thought pieces and to get my brain around Global Neighborhoods, my new book.

Meanwhile, Tracy was announcing Waxxi, her new form of integrated website-based podcast, where Robert and I will have the honor of making history by being her first guests.

While I wasn't looking this weekend Tracy announced the project on her blog, Michael Arrington picked it up, Blogger's blog was among several to follow, including Robert and TechMeme. The result is astounding to me.

Tracy tells me that over 500 people from 30 countries have registered so far. Thanks to Tracy, we are about to participate in a global conversation. This is exhilarating and humbling.

Thanks so much, Tracy. I had no idea that this would become such a significant, watershed event.


No comments: