Who Speaks for Islam? What a Billion Muslims Really Think, is a cutting survey made by Gallup.Thanks to saleemkhan , I get a pointer to some interesting facts. This is a wake-up call to the west and to all the world.
What the data reveal and the authors illuminate may surprise you:
- Muslims and Americans are equally likely to reject attacks on civilians as morally unjustifiable.
- Large majorities of Muslims would guarantee free speech if it were up to them to write a new constitution AND they say religious leaders should have no direct role in drafting that constitution.
- Muslims around the world say that what they LEAST admire about the West is its perceived moral decay and breakdown of traditional values -- the same answers that Americans themselves give when asked this question.
- When asked about their dreams for the future, Muslims say they want better jobs and security, not conflict and violence.
- Muslims say the most important thing Westerners can do to improve relations with their societies is to change their negative views toward Muslims and respect Islam.
IMHO, address the root issue and the rest will sort itself out !!