Saturday, April 22, 2006

Bloglines - Thank You James Nagelberg [4]

Bloglines user PeterDawson (slash.pd@gmail.com) has sent this item to you, with the following personal message:

I dont belive this !! He actually used a copy of the treaty to wrap up a mug !!!!


ArmsControlWonk | an arms control weblog

Thank You James Nagelberg [4]

By jeffrey

I received the following note in the mail yesterday, from reader and friend James Nagelberg.

The note accompanied a box containing a sweet Y-12 mug (shown at right) packed in crumpled paper. For those of you who don’t know:


The Y‑12 National Security Complex is a premier manufacturing facility dedicated to making our nation and the world a safer place. Operated by BWXT Y‑12 for the National Nuclear Security Administration, Y‑12 plays a vital role in the Department of Energy’s Nuclear Weapons Complex.

Y‑12 helps ensure a safe and reliable U.S. nuclear weapons deterrent. We also retrieve and store nuclear materials, fuel the nation’s naval reactors, and perform complementary work for other government and private-sector entities.

I nearly fell out my chair laughing when I realized what James meant by “a response to critics of the NPT that say the Treaty isn’t worth the paper it’s printed on.” James had packed my mug in a crumpled print-out of the Treaty.

I guess we do have a response my friend. Thanks, man. The next round is on me.


No comments: